Thursday 20 October 2011

The Epiphany!

Today I met up with lecturer Gareth Jones to discuss my major project idea. The meeting was indeed helpful in establishing a structure and plan for the project, which is what I needed.  He suggested I create a list of aims for the sound company, its products, how I plan to achieve them and what resources I need. This really helped structure what I need to get done over the coming months and I think developed my epiphany, which I will come to later. Firstly, the aims of the sound company are:


 - To produce a CD of a live recording of an artist or an event         
    -> e.g. Women in Tune (WIT) Festival 2011 live performances  


 - A bonus DVD that can accompany the live CD which will act as a small promotional video for said artist/event 
   -> also upload part of it on networking sites like YouTube 


- The live recordings and video can be used to promote artist, event  and festival in multiple ways 
   -> e.g. CD, DVD, digital downloads and streamed from their website


- Website for sound company

OK so that’s essentially what I want the sound company to do. It will offer live and studio recordings, videos and DVD authoring. I now need to create a list of how I am going to achieve these outcomes, what resources I will use and produce a story board of the video I am going to compile. Coming back to my epiphany though, when I put all these objectives together in my head I realised that the product/services the sound company is offering could be a PRESS KIT. Genius, I must admit I shouted to myself when I realised, which in hindsight is a bit over the top, but I was very happy and did the victory dance. That was the missing link to my idea and what brought all the various components together into a package. Wohoo! Now I have direction, now I know how to present the products to my target audience and now I have a goal. Press kit it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment