Sunday 23 October 2011

Product Idea's

Ok so as I've already said my product idea is a CD and a video/ DVD. My plan is to edit and mix the recordings I took this summer at local festival Women in Tune where I managed the sound crew and produce a compilation album for the festival. The CD could be used to promote the festival as well as generate some very needed income for it. I also hope to produce a promo video of the festival but this depends on what footage I can collate from other people who went to the festival this year. The more media I can get the more video I can produce and maybe even a DVD to accompany the CD. I now have to start contacting people I know as well as the festival organisers and start gathering photos and video footage of the festival. I intend on recording a voiceover to narrate through the visual journey of the festival and explain what its about. In the background of the video I intend on using some samples of natural sounds I record including the mixed live recordings of the festival itself.

So this is the package the sound company 'Live Matters' offers as a press kit. Live CD, video and DVD authoring.

Recently I spoke to a member of a local capoeira group called Benesek Monk. He informed me that the group are looking to produce a DVD of what they do here in Swansea with Capoeira. I was very interested when he told me that the Brazilian art does not just involve fighting but also playing authentic instruments from Brazil. I told him that I would be interested in producing a DVD for them and recording the musicians using surround sound recording techniques. This has great potential and possibly even funding. Must look into it more, what equipment is needed and whether I need people to help film the group for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment