Sunday 20 November 2011

DVD update...

So I had a lovely evening Thursday when I met up with the local Swansea Capoeira group to chat with the Mestre Maxwell. I have arranged a formal meeting with him Tuesday morning to discuss the shoot and surround sound recording in more depth. The project has now taking on a life of its own and feels more of a commercial project due to the little time in which I have to prepare for the shoot.

The plan is now to, if possible; do a surround sound recording on Friday afternoon the 25th of November. Maxwell will try to arrange the Contramestre Suzuki to be there and I have to confirm I can book the BBC hall from 1pm for that Friday. I will have limited time to set up and record so may have to enlist a friend to be a runner for me ( possible victims are Mike Jones and Iain Lewis).

I now have to confirm Elle from Swansea Telly will be available to film some of the recording and hopefully local photographer Lasma Poisa will be free to take some photographs. Lasma is currently doing a degree at Swansea Metropolitan in photography.

I am very excited about how this is all coming together and hope very much that I can pull it off!

Saturday the 26th I have to arrange Elle, myself and runner to attend the Batizado event, to film and possibly record the musicians as well when they do the Rado. The Rado is "a circle formed by capoeiristas and capoeira musical instruments, where every participant sings the typical songs and claps their hands following the music. Two capoeiristas enter the roda and play the game according to the style required by the musical instruments rhythm." (Wiki).

After meeting up with the group last Thursday I realised that the Rado could get very loud at the Batizado event and may be very hard to record well. However I have decided that it would be best to give singers a spot mic and then to set up the stereo mics somewhere where the percussion will not be to overpowering. Will upload my full equipment list in the next couple of days.

I certainly have lots to think about and organise!

No comments:

Post a Comment