Friday 6 April 2012

Project Update

Ok so its now 6 weeks before I have to hand in my report and a week later present my work... Arrrggh!! I am currently having major issues with the capoeira DVD and the main reason being file compatibility. The footage I took with the uni equipment filmed and saved footage in .mts file extension which seems to be incompatible with the uni software final cut pro and DVD studio pro! When I convert the video file format at home using free video converter to an avi file format, which should be supported by Adobe Premiere Pro; I get this error message:


I have been able to watch and make a video using premiere pro but for some reason it is very jumpy and not smooth at all. I have been told this could be a graphics card issue or codec problem but need to investigate more!




Anyway as you can imagine I am in rather a panic, will I be able to produce any work for it at all!! I have finished mixing the surround sound Capoeira music which was to accompany the DVD but for some reason cannot import AC3 files into CS3 version of Premiere.... Panic stations!

As far as the live WIT album of 2011 that is coming along nicely, I am nearly completely happy with the mixes and plan to finish today. So far I have mixed 2 tracks from 4 of the 5 artists. Once I am finished  I will then leave a break before I master them for the final album to be press and printed. In the research I have read it is important to leave a gap between mixing and mastering:

"It's common practice and highly advisable to separate the mixing and mastering stages, since they are quite different”
– MusicTechFocus – Volume 3 - Mastering – Mastering on a Budget

I have already created a medley of the artists which will appear on the album using one song from each and can be listened to on the homepage for WIT's website:




Watch this space for more news and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment